CALA John Lawrence Scholarship Awards
Formerly the Scholarship For Quality Excellence Award, The John Lawrence Student Scholarships are awarded up to two (2) students annually. The awards recognize the applicant's understanding and use of any of the following themes:
- The Importance of Data Quality.
- The Value Of Accreditation.
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control In Testing Measurements & Experimentation.
Applicants are required to submit a scientific paper to demonstrate their understanding of one of the themes. The CALA Scholarship Review Committee, using the criteria outlined on the scholarship application form (below) will evaluate all papers submitted by the deadline. The deadline date for 2022 will be announced in the new year.
Previous winners of a CALA Scholarship are ineligible to apply. Any questions regarding CALA and these scholarships should be directed to email@example.com.Download Application Form
To be considered for the award, students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary institution at (science discipline) the time of the award.
- Have completed a minimum 2-month work term with a CALA Member laboratory, CALA-accredited laboratory, or a laboratory where a CALA-volunteer is employed, within the past 12 months.
- Submit a completed CALA Application Form and their paper to CALA for evaluation no later than the deadline announced for that year.
Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
- One-time amount of $1,000 presented to the winner by a local Board Member or Head of the Member Laboratory;
- Acknowledgement (with photo) in both the CALA newsletter and website; and
- Recipient’s name entered on a master plaque containing the names of all annual recipients (The plaque is kept at the CALA head office in Ottawa).